The best intelligent document processing system for a given organization will depend on that organization’s specific needs and requirements. In this guide, I ranked and reviewed the 8 best intelligent document processing systems, along with my top 3 choices, so that you can pick the best one.
Best intelligent document processing systems include Nanonets, OpenText Intelligent Capture, Kofax TotalAgility, UiPath, ABBYY FlexiCapture, Automation Anywhere, Datamatics TruCap+, and IBM Datacap.
Intelligent document processing is a way to automatically extract information from digital documents, using artificial intelligence techniques. This might involve using optical character recognition (OCR) to convert images of text into machine-readable text, or using natural language processing (NLP) to extract meaning from unstructured text.
Intelligent document processing systems are important because they can automate a lot of the processes that are currently done manually. This includes the process of extracting data from documents and converting it into information that is useful in other systems.
The key benefits of intelligent document processing systems are as follows:
– They can automatically extract data from documents.
– They can convert this data into information that is useful in other systems.
– They can reduce the need for manual processes and make them more efficient.
– They help to improve accuracy and reduce errors in document conversion.
The cost of intelligent document processing systems often dependent on the size and number of users, as well as the features offered. Some companies may offer free trials to get a feel for how the software works before purchasing it.
Let’s get started reviewing the best intelligent document processing systems available.
Comparison of Best Intelligent Document Processing Systems
|Best IDP Systems||Free Trial||Price||Deployment||Rate|
|Nanonets||Available||First 500 pages free||Cloud and on-premise||10/10|
|OpenText Intelligent Capture||No||N/A||Cloud, on-premise||9/10|
|Kofax TotalAgility||No||$83 Per month||Cloud, on-premise||9/10|
|UiPath Document Understanding||60-day||$420 Per month||Cloud||8/10|
|ABBYY FlexiCapture||No||$29.99 per 500 Pages||Cloud, on-premise||7.5/10|
|Automation Anywhere IQ Bot||No||N/A||Cloud||7/10|
What is the Best Intelligent Document Processing Systems?
Here are my picks for the best intelligent document processing systems for automatically extracting important information from documents.
- OpenText Intelligent Capture
- Kofax TotalAgility
- UiPath Document Understanding
- ABBYY FlexiCapture
- Automation Anywhere IQ Bot
- Datamatics TruCap+
- IBM Datacap
Nanonets is an intelligent document processing software that uses machine learning to automate all kinds of data extraction/processing workflows. It utilizes a combination of OCR and deep learning algorithms to accurately extract data from various types of documents, such as invoices, receipts, bank statements, contracts and more.
Nanonets offers several advantages as an IDP solution, such as its ability to handle a wide range of document types, its high level of accuracy, and its ease of use. With Nanonets, users can quickly and easily extract data from documents, which can save them a significant amount of time and effort.
- High accuracy data extraction rate
- Build automated workflows to automate processes end to end
- Out of the box Integrations with popular ERPs, cloud storage and accounting software
Starter: First 500 pages free, then $0.3 per page/doc
Pro: Starts at $499/month, then $0.1 per page/doc
Enterprise: Get a quote
OpenText Intelligent Capture is a software that enables users to capture and index unstructured data. It also helps them to manage and find these data.
OpenText Intelligent Capture allows users to extract data from their documents and emails in order to gain insights about the business. It also has a feature that allows users to track the sentiment of their emails and identify when an email is likely to be ignored.
It can be used in many different industries like healthcare, finance, legal, and technology. In the healthcare industry, it can help doctors organize medical records of patients. In the finance industry, it can help bankers find relevant documents quickly and efficiently.
This software is available as either an on-premise solution or a cloud-based solution.
- Multiple capture toolsets for high accuracy data extraction
- Embedded machine learning
- Smart document classification
- Intelligent decision making and routing
- Barcode recognition
- Detailed administrator management
- Steep Learning curve
This software price is not disclosed. You need to contact OpenText
Kofax TotalAgility is an intelligent document processing software that can be used to automate document processing in your organization. It can help you reduce the time and cost of manual processing, increase the accuracy of data extraction, and ensure that all documents are managed in a secure environment.
It is an AI-driven powerful document automation tool that provides a user-friendly interface for extracting data from any type of file or database. It helps users extract data from PDFs, scanned images, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and more with just one click. The extracted information will be available as structured data in an easy-to-use format like XML or JSON. This means it can be integrated with other systems to provide automated workflows and improved data quality.
Kofax is considered one of the top intelligent document processing vendors available in the market.
- Smart integration
- Embedded AI, machine learning, natural language processing
- Powerful RPA to automate tasks
- Enhanced decision making, reporting and workflow optimization
- Drag and drop configuration
- Capture forms are easy to create and maintain
- Smart integration
- Industry-leading document intelligence
- Some of the TotalAgility SDK methods are not consistent
- Starter: $83 Per month/staff member
- Custom: Contact for Pricing
- Customer cloud / on-premises: Contact for Pricing
UiPath Document Understanding is a cloud-based service that helps you to extract data from documents such as invoices, receipts, and contracts. It uses artificial intelligence (AI) to identify and extract data from documents, and you can use it to automate data entry or to create custom data extraction solutions.
UiPath Document Understanding is a machine learning-based solution that extracts structured content from unstructured text. It’s a platform that takes care of all the complexities of text extraction and analysis.
It can be used to extract data from any type of document, including PDFs, Word files, and Excel spreadsheets. This technology can also be used for tasks like data extraction, content classification, and sentiment analysis.
- Fast, accurate, and flexible document processing with AI
- Built to process various document types
- Accuracy improving over time
- End-to-end automation of complex processes
- Out-of-the-box AI solutions
- Easy to integrate
- Supports all types of documents such as Structured, Semi-Structured, Unstructured
- Supports ML & AI Capabilities
- Can work with Images, Native PDF’s, Scanned Documents etc
- More stability required when processing High resolution Images
- Automation developer: $420 / month
- Unattended automation: $1380 / month
- Automation team: $1930 / month
ABBYY FlexiCapture is a document processing solution that enables organizations to extract data from paper and unstructured documents, and create accurate, searchable electronic versions of them.
FlexiCapture’s intelligent document processing technology automatically recognizes the language in which a document was written, extracts text from it, and converts it into editable electronic format. The software can also identify key data fields in the document – such as names, addresses, or financial figures – and either store them in a database or link them to other databases.
ABBYY is considered one of the top intelligent document processing vendors available in the market.
- Faster, straight-through processing
- Smooth transactions, smart decisions, rapid action
- Control, predictability, and compliance
- Intelligent data extraction
- Data validation and control
- Automated document entry
- Automatic document classification
- Highly accurate OCR/ICR/OMR and barcode recognition
- Web-based administration and monitoring console
- Integration with RPA, CRM, ERP, BPM, ECM, and accounting systems
- This one of the best intelligent document processing systems doesn’t provide prices.
Automation Anywhere IQ Bot is a document processing and automation bot that enables you to automate the process of extracting data from documents, including scanned images. It is an intelligent bot that can learn and adapt to your needs.
IQ Bot can help you extract data from documents in a variety of formats, including PDFs, images, Microsoft Office files and more. You can also use it to extract data from webpages.
IQ Bot is an intelligent bot that learns as it processes more documents. It gets better at extracting data with each new document it processes. This means less time spent on training the AI and more time spent on getting work done.
This is considered one of the best intelligent document processing systems that will help your organization extract information automatically.
- AI-powered document extraction
- End-to-end intelligent automation
- Intelligent document classification
- Extract data using ML technologies
- Powerful validation rules
- Prices are not disclosed
Datamatics TruCap+ is an intelligent document processing software that has been designed to eliminate the need for time-consuming tasks like scanning, extraction and formatting.
It has been designed to eliminate the need for time-consuming tasks like scanning, extraction and formatting. Datamatics TruCap+ is an intelligent document processing system that automates these tasks and provides users with more time to focus on what they do best.
The TruCap+ system automatically extracts data from documents, formats them into different formats such as PDFs or MS Word documents, and stores them in specific folders on your computer or network drive. It can also be used by organizations to extract data from large volumes of paper-based documents in an automated way.
- AI/ML-enabled for a greater degree of STP with accuracy
- Seamless integration with TruBot RPA
- AI-enabled data capture solution
- Easy-to-use Configurator
- This one of the best intelligent document processing systems doesn’t provide prices
8- IBM Datacap
IBM Datacap is an AI-powered intelligent document processing system that uses machine learning and natural language processing to automate the creation of documents for finance, legal, and regulatory compliance.
Datacap’s AI-powered platform automatically creates documents for finance, legal, and regulatory compliance by using machine learning and natural language processing.
It helps in the process of document automation. It helps in the automation of documents through document conversion, image extraction, and data extraction. It uses a variety of techniques to automatically identify and extract data from documents, including optical character recognition (OCR), pattern matching, and natural language processing (NLP). Datacap can also be configured to perform manual data entry, if necessary.
- Multichannel capture
- Cognitive capture
- Extendible rules-based capture
- Enriched mobility
- Export to multiple targets
- Ingest documents
- Text analysis
- Prices are not disclosed