Last Updated on 9 hours
Choosing between different data migration tools available in the market doesn’t have to be a hard task. In this guide, I ranked and reviewed the 9 best data migration tools, along with my top 4 choices, so that you can pick the best one.
The 9 best data migration tools are AWS Data Pipeline, IBM Informix, Azure Cosmos DB, SnapLogic, Stitch Data, Hevo Data, and Fivetran.
Contact me, if you want your product to be reviewed
Data migration tools are very important in any business because they can help you move your data from one system to another quickly and easily. They can also help you keep your data organized and safe.
There are many reasons why organizations need data migration tools. Some organizations may need to migrate data from one system to another due to a merger or acquisition. Other organizations may need to migrate data to a new system due to an upgrade or change in their business needs. Still, others may need to migrate data for compliance reasons. Whatever the reason, data migration can be a complex and time-consuming process.
For all the reasons above, organizations need to carefully choose from the best data migration tools available in the market to better suit their needs.
Let’s get started reviewing the best data migration tools available.
What are the Types of Data Migration Tools?
There are many types of data migration tools available, but some of the most popular include:
–ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load): These tools are designed to extract data from one system, transform it into a format that can be used by another system, and then load it into the new system.
–Data replication: These tools copy data from one system to another, typically in real-time.
–Data migration tools: These tools provide a complete solution for data migration, including tools for data extraction, transformation, and loading, as well as other features such as data quality management and data governance.
Comparison of Data Migration Tools
|Data Migration Tools||Free Trial||Pricing||Deployment|
|AWS Data Pipeline||Yes||$0.60 to $2.5 per activity||AWS and on-premise|
|IBM Informix||Yes||Contact IBM||Cloud and on-premise|
|Azure Cosmos DB||Yes||FREE||Desktops|
|Stitch Data||Yes||$100 to $1250 /month||Cloud|
|Hevo Data||Yes||FREE (1 million events)||Cloud|
What Are The Best Data Migration Tools?
Choosing the most suitable tool from the data migration tools available in the market can help organizations reduced downtime, Reduce risk of data loss, increase accuracy, Increase speed of migration, and reduce cost.
Here are the 7 best data migration tools:
AWS Data Pipeline is data migration tool using webservices to process data. It quickly and reliably transforms and loads data between different data stores, fully managed by AWS. Whether data needs to be loaded into Amazon S3, Amazon Redshift, or any other destination, AWS Data Pipeline makes it easy to move data between any two of those stores.
Imagine having to migrate all of your data to a new region manually, only to encounter unpredicted downtime or other unforeseen problems. With AWS Data Pipeline, you can define a multi-step data pipeline that will monitor application or system changes and automatically transfer your data from one region to another with little effort on your part.
With AWS Data Pipeline, migration is a breeze. With just a few clicks and no downtime for the switch, your AWS infrastructure will be safe and sound in any AWS region.
This data migration tool has a free version for low frequency activities and preconditions which can be scheduled to run one time a day or less.
- Easy to use
- Scheduling, dependency tracking, and error handling
- Powerful custom pipelines to analyze and process your data
- Library of pipeline templates
- Failure notifications
Pricing options for AWS Data Pipeline are depending on how frequently your preconditions and activities are scheduled to execute and whether they operate on AWS or on-premises.
- Activities or preconditions running On AWS between $0.60 and $1.00 monthly
- Activities or preconditions running On-Premise between $1.5 and 2.5 monthly
- Inactive pipelines: $1.00 per month
2- IBM Informix
IBM Informix data migration tool is a powerful application that simplifies the migration of data from one database to another. The Informix Data Migration Tool can be used to migrate data from a traditional or hybrid transactional system to an IBM Informix database, or migrate data from one IBM Informix database to another.
Stop spending days migrating data, use IBM Informix for a quick, easy way to copy any data from one database to another. Enjoy scalable performance and high-availability for your business.
This tool offer a no-charge editions for dev/test.
The Informix Data Migration Tool has several key features that make it a powerful tool for migrating data:
- Migrate data from a variety of sources, including relational databases, text files, and Excel spreadsheets.
- Migrate data to a variety of targets, including Informix databases, text files, and Excel spreadsheets.
- Automatically generate Informix SQL scripts to create the target database tables and to populate the tables with data from the source.
- Automatically generate Informix LOAD scripts to load data into the target Informix database.
- Automatically generate Informix DML scripts to insert, update, and delete data in the target Informix database.
- Migrate data from multiple sources to multiple targets in a single operation.
- Migrate data incrementally, so that only data that has changed since the last migration is migrated.
- Migrate data from one Informix database to another Informix database.
- No-charge editions for dev/test: A no-cost IBM Informix database server for individual application development, testing and prototyping
- Other plans: you need to contact IBM
The Azure Cosmos DB data migration tool is a free, open-source, command-line tool that helps you migrate data from various sources to Azure Cosmos DB. This tool is designed to work with various data sources, including MongoDB, SQL Server, Table Storage, Amazon DynamoDB, JSON files, and CSV files.
It is best suited for small migrations plans.
The Azure Cosmos DB Data Migration Tool provides the following features:
- Support for migrating data from a variety of sources, including MongoDB, SQL Server, Table Storage, Amazon DynamoDB, CSV files, and JSON files.
- The ability to map data from the source to the corresponding Cosmos DB SQL API collection.
- The ability to filter data during migration.
- The ability to monitor the progress of the migration.
- The ability to cancel the migration at any time.
Snaplogic is a cloud-based data migration tool that enables users to connect data from disparate sources, both on-premises and in the cloud. Snaplogic provides pre-built connectors for popular applications and data sources, as well as the ability to create custom connectors.
Snaplogic’s drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to create data pipelines, and its Machine Learning capabilities enable users to automatically map data fields between different data sources.
There are many key features of this data migration tool, but some of the most important ones include its drag-and-drop interface, its ability to connect to a variety of data sources, and its ability to automate data processes.
It comes with a 30-day trial period to test it out within your organization.
- A drag and drop interface for easy pipeline creation
- Pre-built connectors for popular data sources and applications
- Data transformation and enrichment capabilities
- Real-time monitoring and alerts
- An extensive library of community-created pipelines
You need to contact them for pricing
5- Stitch Data
Stitch Data is a cloud-based data migration tool that enables users to collect, connect, and analyze data from a variety of sources. Stitch Data offers a variety of features, including data warehousing, ETL (extract, transform, and load), data visualization, and data security.
This data migration tool provides tons of integrations including MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Oracle Database, Asana, and many more.
Some of the key features of Stitch data include its ability to:
- Quickly and easily connect to data sources
- Scale to accommodate high volumes of data
- Transform and prepare data for analysis
- Load data into a data warehouse or business intelligence tool for further analysis
Stitch Data can be considered as one of the best data migration tools available.
This data migration tool comes with 3 different pricing plans:
- Standard: $100 to $1250 /month
- Unlimited: You need to contact them
- Unlimited Plus: You need to contact them
6- Hevo Data
Hevo Data is a cloud-based data migration tool that helps organizations collect, prepare, and analyze their data. Hevo Data offers a complete solution for data warehousing, data lakes, and data science.
Hevo Data migration tools is built on top of the cloud-native Apache Hadoop and Spark ecosystem and uses a serverless architecture. Hevo Data’s platform is fully managed and offers a pay-as-you-go pricing model.
Some key features of Hevo Data include its ability to collect data from a wide variety of sources, its ability to transform and cleanse data, and its ability to load data into a data warehouse.
This data migration tool comes with a free plan up to 1 Million Events.
- Flexible schema management
- Inflight data formatter
- Inbuilt transformation capabilities
Hevo data migration tool comes with 3 different pricing plans.
- FREE: Includes 1 million events
- STARTER: $249 to $1399 /month
- BUSINESS: Custom pricing
Fivetran is a cloud-based data migration tool that automates the extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) of data from various sources into a centralized data warehouse. It offers pre-built connectors for popular data sources such as Salesforce, Amazon Redshift, Google Analytics and PostgreSQL, and can also be customized to work with any other data source.
Fivetran eliminates the need for manual data wrangling, making it easy to keep your data warehouse up-to-date and accurate.
Some key features of this data migration tool are its ability to quickly and easily connect to various data sources, its support for a wide range of data formats, and its ability to automatically generate reports and visualizations.
It offer a 14-day free trial for you to test within your organization.
- Data visualization
- Data transformation
- Data loading
- Data synchronization
- Data security
Like other data migration tools, it comes with 5 different plans including
- Starter: $120
- Standard Select: $60
- Standard: $180
- Enterprise: $240
- Business Critical: Contact required